Wondering what shoes to wear with a white lace dress? These are the 5 best styles you need to know about.
A white lace dress is a fantastic choice for almost any event from cocktail parties, formal events or even for casual parties, they’re elegant and classy and versatile! I have two adorable white lace dresses I constantly reach for!
But, are you wondering which pair of shoes to wear with your dress? Well, pretty much anything goes and you can wear whatever type of shoe you desire! From red heels to nude heels, even knee boots, you really can’t go wrong.
The great thing about white lace dresses is you can wear so many different colors and style of shoes and they’ll elevate your look. This post is all about what shoes to wear with a white lace dress and look perfect for any event!
What shoes to wear with a white lace dress?
In case you haven’t noticed, white lace dresses are all the rage right now. They’re feminine, light, and perfect for a cocktail party, weddings, a date night out on the town. You can even wear them in the dead of winter when paired with the right shoes.
Soooo, what shoes should you wear with them to complete your look and make sure you look your best no matter what your occasion? Read on for the best shoe style ideas that will take your white lace dress from drab to fab in no time!
1.Grab some heels-one of the best shoe style to wear with a white lace dress is heels. The most elegant and suitable shoes to wear with a white lace dress are heels. Why is this a good choice? Heels add the sophistication needed for an event or occasion that requires cocktail attire and a heel typically makes your legs appear longer and slimmer. There are so many color of shoes you can pair with your dress and we’ve listed some colors of heels that pair perfectly below:
- Red Heels: I’m a sucker for red shoes. I love the way they look, and how they make me feel. They are classic, timeless, sexy, and have always been one of my favorite colors to wear. Pairing these adorable Jessica Simpson red high heels with a white lace dress is a perfect combination. Red is the color of passion and love, there would be no better look for valentines day date night with your love!
- Blue Heels: Blue is another classic color. It has been around for ages and it never gets old! Blue is classy, elegant and traditional. Navy blue heels will go nicely with a white lace dress. Blue is a great alternative to black, dark colors pair perfectly with white. Or you could even pair with light blue colors.I lurrrvveee these faux satin open toe square heels in this beautiful teal color. Totally on trend and STUNNING!
- Black Heels :Black is a classic color and just like white, it goes with almost everything. It is one of those timeless colors that never goes out of style. The black heels are the right shoe to compliment the white lace dress beautifully and will always be an effortless look when paired together. I wear these calvin klein black heels all the time! They are so freaking comfortable, especially for heels! ????
- Nude Heels: Nude heels are so classic because if they match your skin tone closely, they give the illusion of legs for days. And, who doesn’t want that. Neutral colors paired with white; you cannot go wrong. I am OBSESSED with these square heeled open toe woven heel!
- White Heels: OMG, I love a white on white look. Grab some white closed toe pumps with a white lace dress and you are all set. These highly rated white closed toe pumps are perfect for the office or if you are attending a wedding!
2. Boots are a great option
Boots come in so many different styles and colors, so you will be able to find the perfect pair for your look. I’m gonna let you in on my Style Secret: To achieve the best looking outfits and street fashion looks, pair your cute white lace dress with ankle boots!
Or, you can go with classic black booties. You could even opt for something more fun and colorful. This is a great way to add some personality to your outfit. Some styles you can’t go wrong with:
- Ankle boots are a fantastic choice for fall, winter or spring months. Personally, I love the look of ankle boots and a long lace dress, it is such a fabulous boho sheek look. There are so many options and it’s up to you you want to wear a pair of chunky high or low heeled ankle boots or even a thinner stiletto heel. With ankle boots, your options are endless.????
- Cowboy Boots, that’s right! Add a little western to your look by wearing cowboy boots with your white lace dress. Cowboy boots come in so many colors and styles, you can even find them embellished or monogrammed depending on what style you are going for.
- Black Knee boots or black lace up boots; Another great option for a dressier look is to wear black knee boots or black lace up boots. These will add a touch of sexiness and sophistication to your outfit.
3. White sneakers
I promise you friends, nothing is more comfortable than your favorite pair of white sneakers. And if you are headed to a picnic or a daytime event, you can absolutely pair your dress with a pair of sneakers for a perfect summer outfit! Grab a denim jacket to layer with and you’re all set. A totally stylish look would be a white slip dress, a jean jacket and a pair of white sneakers. With this look you’re an instant fashionista!
Let’s talk about the different styles of white sneakers you can pair with your dress:
- White wedge sneaker wedges are perfect if you want to add height while still maintaining comfortability (and they even have white lace covers!) Talk about oh-so-cute. And, not to mention the perfect shoe color if you are the matchy matchy type! ????
- Slip-on sneakers are so low maintenance and perfect for the summer time! An added bonus they are easy to put on and take off! Truly some of our favorite things are slip-on sneakers!
- Low cut white sneaker like converse or adidas are super chic and and an ideal choice to pair with your white lace outfit.
Flats are a perfect choice when it comes to dressing up or down an outfit. A white lace dress is no exception! They come in so many different styles, colors and materials, that you are sure to find the perfect pair for your dress. Just be careful not to choose a flat that has too much personality; you want your outfit to be the star of the show, not your shoes! A few fun options:
- White flat shoes – these are the obvious choice, right? You really have a whole look that is perfect. These white flats are a stylish choice that you’ll wear over and over again.
- Loafers -there are so many different types of loafer shoes out there to choose from. If you’re looking for a more unique style flat shoe, try a loafer. The gold detail on these loafers elevates the look and is perfect paired with your dress.
- Oxford – brown oxfords definitely put the finishing touches on a super chic look. How adorable are these glossy brown slip on oxfords?
They are perfect if you don’t want to worry about shoes getting dirty at an outdoor event like a wedding or picnic. A couple of styles for the summer:
Or, opt for these lace-up gladiators are so on trend right now!
- Wedges – I swear, in the summer wedges are mine and my friends go to. I think this is for a couple of reasons. They are super comfortable, and instantly give you the appearance of sleek, slim legs. These adorable wedges have thousands of 5 star ratings! Ummm, SOLD!
FAQs: How do you wear a lace dress casually?
If you want to wear a lace dress without looking like a runway model, slip-on dresses are the way to go. They’re super popular right now, and incredibly comfortable and easy to walk around in. And, we have a a super easy way to style them for a cute winter look:
- Put on a bralette OVER your slip on dress. (Stay with me folks????)
- Grab an oversize sweater (a tunic sweater works best) and put it on over the bralette.
- Tuck the bottom of the sweater in the bralette. Viola!
What shoes go with a white dress?
The great news is just like a white lace dress, white dresses are a blank canvas. You can wear any color of shoe you’d like and it’ll look wonderful! Shoes that pair perfectly with white dresses are heels, flats, boots, sandals and even sneakers.
What shoes can you wear with a lace wedding dress?
Now, I am pretty much an expert on this because I jut got married myself, but if you’re looking for what shoes to wear with a lace wedding dress – think class and sophistication. A heel is the perfect option because it will elongate your legs and give you that bridal look that we all strive for on our big day. I chose these wedding shoes and absolutely LOVED the way they looked in pics, but I’m not gonna lie, they weren’t comfortable. But, they looked fabulous and gave the illusion of legs I’ve only dreamed of!
What color shoes to wear with a white dress in the summer?
Personally, I love a nude sandal for the summer! You could add a block heel like I did here, or you could opt for a more traditional heel and still look fabulous!
There are so many different types of white lace dresses, but the one thing they all have in common is that you can’t go wrong with a great pair of shoes. We have the best styles and some great options that will work well with any white lace dress! So, Are you going to try out one of these shoe combinations with your next white lace dress? I hope you do! And be sure to let me know how in the comments below which ones you try and why! This post was all about what shoes to wear with a white lace dress!
Other posts you might enjoy:
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I receive a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links at no cost to you. However, all opinions and thoughts are my own.