Have y’all heard about the female face shaving trend recently? I know it sounds a little strange, but this facial shaving trend is widespread now! For reals! After you read about all the advantages of shaving your face and how it helps to brighten your skin, you’ll want to give it a try! How do you figure out the female face shaving trend when it seems so strange to shave your face as a woman? This post is your SOLUTION! We will answer 5 questions and chat about why you will want to jump on this trend!
Yes, my friends, I know this seems a little odd to think about a female who shaves her face! I felt the same way. And, it was a little weird the first few times TBH. I promise you are definitely going to want to jump on the female face shaving trend for so many reasons!
You’ll love how smooth your skin becomes and how clear your pores are! We are addicted here, and you will be too. And, all skin types can benefit!
The benefits of shaving your face are fabulous! SERIOUSLY! I love a clean face, and smoother skin, and shaving your face does both of those! (Plus you’ll be amazed at all the sh$t on your razor -I am always like “HOW the hell is all that excess facial hair on my face!)” Every.single.time.
This post is all about why the female face shaving trend is all the rage and 5 tips that will have you jumping right on this new trend as well!
Female Face Shaving Trend
So why on earth should you start shaving your face? And, how do you do it? Are facial razors the same kind as razors for shaving your legs? Will your hair grow back thicker, will your hair be darker? And, how often do I have to shave my face? These are all questions we are going to answer in this post!
Why on God’s green earth should you, as a woman, shave peach fuzz off your face?
HAHAHAHAHA! ????I know friends. Good grief, we already have SO.FREAKING.MUCH to do as females. I mean, we shave our legs, and if you are into your skin, you probably have a morning skincare routine as well as an evening skincare routine. Good LAWD friends, I even have a summer skincare routine and a winter routine where I add/take away products based on the climate. So, shaving your face just seems like ANOTHER freaking thing we have to do as females. I promise you, it’s worth it. Here are the reasons why.
- Your skin will absolutely glow! That’s because you are removing not only the fine hairs on your face but also removing the top layer of dead skin cells as well as any dry skin that has accumulated. Not to mention any bacteria. Gross, I know, but it’s true. A benefit of this is that your skincare products will become more effective. Why is that? This is due to the fact that there isn’t a barrier of unwanted facial hair between the top layers of skin. Your skin care products can penetrate deeper into the skin, making them so much more effective!
- Another great benefit of shaving your face as a female is that your makeup goes on smoother and easier. This helps you achieve a flawless look! How many times have you put on your makeup and it looks dull, cakey, or uneven? Well, I 1000% promise that your makeup application goes on 1000 times smoother and your entire face looks flawless! It makes such a difference IMO, it’s almost as good as Photoshop!
1. So, exactly how do you shave your face as a female?
I know it seems so odd, but it’s really not! Once you get started and are consistent a few times, it becomes second nature just like shaving your legs. You do need to know a few things!
- I recommend shaving your face first thing in the morning before you wash it! My aesthetican shared with me that it’s easiest when your face is dry, so don’t worry about putting any product on it before you begin.
- Next, you will want to make sure you are working against the grain of the hair! Go ahead and start with your cheeks. Think about sweeping your razor upward toward the eyes and ears think of a 45-degree angle.
- For the skin just above your lip, I have found the best way to shave this hair is to put your tongue on top of your teeth so that your upper lip sticks out just a bit. You can easily see the fine hair this way and it makes it simple. I then move the razor in short quick strokes up toward my nose. It’s super easy! PROMISE.
- Lastly, your chin hair. Some places have near-invisible peach fuzz but the chin seems to have darker hair. (LOVELY) I typically start at my jaw line and work up toward my lip. It’s the same thing as the cheeks – position your razor with the sharp part facing the lip and use upward sweeping motions with your razor. Always use short, quick motions and it makes the process easy and efficient! Bye, bye hair! HAHAHA!
- Once you have completed shaving your face, I like to rinse it with warm water. Next, apply your skincare immediately and let your pores soak in all the goodness of your amazing skincare products!
2. Are facial razors the same as the razors you use on your legs? What are the best ones to use?
Absolutely not! Facial razors are tiny, and they are much better for the sensitive skin of the face. There are several kinds you can try as well.
When you are just starting shaving your face, I would recommend using a facial razor with a plastic guard on it. It’s safer and really helps to prevent you from getting cut, which BTW, has somehow never happened to me, even as a beginner. The facial razors I use are these tinkle eyebrow razors.
.As you become more experienced, you might want to upgrade to a sharper blade. I have used these sharp facial razors as well, and I love them, but you do have to be very careful as they are SO SHARP. They are similar to the dermaplaning tool an aesthetican would use, so personally, I would not use them until you are comfortable shaving your face!
Occasionally, these types of razors are referred to as eyebrow razors, although I would NEVER recommend shaving your eyebrows with them. I think eyebrows are best left to professionals personally, and even those tiny razors give you a little more control, I don’t recommend using them near the eyebrows! (AT least not me!) HA!
3. Will your hair grow back thicker?
TBH, this was the MAIN reason I did not want to start shaving my face! I mean for us women, having a lot of facial hair isn’t always optimal, so why would you as a female start shaving your face just to have more hair growth or have it grow back thicker? After all, you’re trying to eliminate unwanted hair in the first place. I can promise you, after about 3 years of shaving my face regularly (like every day or every other day,) my hair has not grown back thicker! It also has not grown back darker or more course! It is still those baby hairs are like peach fuzz. Whew!
With that being said, if you can, just make shaving your face a habit. I think this might be tough at first, if you were anything like me and fearful of how the hair would grow back, but I promise, it has not ever come back black, or rough than it was!
4. How often do you have to shave your face as a woman?
I really think this is going to be a personal choice. Personally, I like to incorporate it as part of my morning routine. Truly I like to use the razor as a way to slough off dead skin and brighten my face to start my day. I usually follow shaving my face by dry brushing my face and I love a combination of the two. More on dry-brushing at a later time! As for the frequency, I have gone months without doing it, but truly I enjoy the way my face feels after shaving and also how it looks, so it’s almost like clockwork for me.
5. Is dermaplaning just shaving your face?
If you are wondering what a professional dermaplane is, it is basically when an aesthetician takes a surgical-grade scalpel to the hair on your face. The dermaplane is not the most relaxing experience, but immediately following the dermaplane, my wonderful aesthetician gives the most amazing facial. It’s so wonderful that you kind of forget about the dermaplane. And, one bonus -you won’t have to put on makeup for about two days after because your skin will be glowing. I highly, highly recommend it!
And while I LOVE professional dermaplanes, and recommend them, for most of us isn’t feasible to get one weekly nor is it convenient. And, TBH, they are not cheap! So for me, shaving every morning helps the amazing benefits last as long as possible.
So there you have it, my friends! I hope these tips were helpful and also might intrigue you when thinking about shaving your face as a female. The pros truly outweigh the cons and I think you will be thrilled with the way your skin responds to shaving your face!
Is it bad for females to shave their face?
Absolutely not! In fact, there are many wonderful benefits to female face shaving including glowing smoother skin.
How can you shave your face as a female?
You’ll want to have dry skin, and use a proper razor. In addition, short, quick strokes and a 45-degree angle work best. I’d also recommend you always shave your face in front of a mirror!
This post is all about the female face shaving trend and the 5 reasons you’ll want to incorporate it into your daily skincare routine.